1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

jefferson's build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by jefferson, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Nov 1, 2009 at 5:32 PM
    jefferson

jefferson [OP] needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    My Build/Story:

I figured since I’ve been here for a bit over a year, it’s time to start a build thread. I bought my Tacoma in 2007 with about 22,000 miles on it… here it is on day -1 (I test drove it, parked it there, snapped a picture, and made an offer the following day)

[​IMG]

From there it’s pretty much a blurr. I did know that I wanted to mod the truck, but in a way that made it more user friendly and comfortable to drive, and more fun if I decided to off road, which I ended up deciding to do!

I’ll go out of order from here on out…

I ended up getting a toyota brand hitch:

[​IMG]

Did the fog lamps on anytime mod:

[​IMG]

Designed the “bed lights in the cubby hole” mod found on the free/cheap easy mod section:

[​IMG]

Installed my compass/temperature gauge bought from sideways, here on the forums (and did a writeup on how to)… at the same time did the “map lights on with dome light” mod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Removed my secondary air filter… as to which I have not noticed any difference one way or the other.

Installed the double din stereo:

[​IMG]

Decided that one wasn’t good enough, sold it to a member here on the forums, and went with this the Kenwood ddx512 (and the ipod cable that runs into the center console.)

[​IMG]

Got the sockmonkey SR5 decal… I decided on California in the background because I grew up in Northern CA, now live in San Diego… and my truck is obviously a Prerunner.. so it’s “Off Road” and it’s not TRD, so SR5 it is…:

[​IMG]

Door and seatbelt chimes were disabled.. no pics..

Painted my engine cover:

[​IMG]

And got a set of those Redline Hood Struts.. (so so so awesome by the way) :

[​IMG]

Put a set of tan Weathertechs in and did the “Cheap Piezo Buzzer” mod:

[​IMG]

A mod some jackass decided to do for me… (who knew a screw driver coudn't open a door?!) I guess he liked my truck just as much as I do:

[​IMG]

When I got my truck I didn’t have a spare tire, so I found a scraped up sport rim and bought it a used tire.. total of $50 later:

[​IMG]

Then did a set of Bilsteen 5100’s in the front, set at 2.5 (thank you Roger and Steve!!) :

[​IMG]

...and realized that now since I’m pointing my headlamps up in the sky… got an AAL from ToyTec to put in. Turns out Roger had a set of leafs with the ToyTec AAL already in it! So we shoved that in place instead with a set of rear bilstein 5100s:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BFG TA K/O 265/75R16's to replace my knobby Wrangler 245's..

Before:

[​IMG]

After!

[​IMG]

Pretty nice upgrade if i say so myself..!

[​IMG]

Color matched door handles.. My old ones were looking shabby and i got a great deal on a set (thanks Ron!) So....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bed bar from Albert and attached a harbor freight off road light:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not a mod, but it will be on my truck from now on out.. so lets call it a mod: a Hitch Safe!

[​IMG]

Revenge Fab Sliders added!

[​IMG]

Snagged a bed mat off of craigslist for $35!

[​IMG]

Added my PA speaker behind the grill.. From outside you can't see it at all. Ran the wire under the removable cupholder up front. When i plug in my cb, i can remove the cupholder and stick it inside there. It fits perfectly!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Added my CB antenna's hardline to my Albert bedbar (and flipped the albert bed bar around to make it work).. picked up a 4 foot antenna from Fry's with a spring mount (not pictured). Ran the connector to the same place as the PA speaker wire.

[​IMG]

Added an auto-dimming mirror and wrote a writeup about how to do so.

[​IMG]

Installed a Lock-Right POWERTRAX Richmond locker! It was a simple install but required a lot of time and patience and tools. Some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is before the locker went in there.. no more open differential!

[​IMG]

Now.. positraction burnout:

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------

Future Mods:

leather on the doors instead of the now gunky cloth, color matched grill, maybe painting those TACOMA badges black

-----------------------------------------

[FONT=&quot]Tacoma Action Shots:

This pic was two days after I got her:

[FONT=&quot][​IMG][/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Small camping trail in Anza Borrego:
    [FONT=&quot]

[​IMG]

San Bernardino Wilderness backpacking trip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joshua Tree National Park car camping and offroading trip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cleghorn with a busted taillamp:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anza Borrego, Cougar Canyon: (yes, this IS where i met your mom)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[/FONT]Mod meet #7 wiring up fog lamps:

[​IMG]
    [FONT=&quot]
    When my truck took on a T-Rex:

[​IMG]

And that one time it tried to destroy Hong Kong:

[​IMG]

There is more, but I’m over typing and can’t find many more pictures. Of course more will be added… and thanks to all the members/friends who have helped make my Tacoma awesome.

As She Sits Today:

Fiesta7_a783f900bcfd96c768f29221a1106384d777d8a5.jpg

[/FONT]

2. Nov 1, 2009 at 5:37 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Lookin great!

3. Nov 1, 2009 at 5:39 PM
    Edrin55

Edrin55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport Access Cab
    Avid Off Road Light Bar Line-X'd, Black Sand Pearl Hood Scoope, Truck Covers USA metal roll up bed cover, Thule Custom lockable light bar, TRD Sport Exhaust, Line-X'd TRD skid plate, Slee Off Road Sliders, Upgraded 3.5" Rearview Mirror/Monitor, Anytime Foglight Mod. (TY Jeff), Smoked Foglights, SilverStar Headlight & Foglight Bulbs, Tinted windows all around, Vent visors, Bed mat with security mod, Wet Okoles front & back, Race/Sport Pedals, Tailgate Clamps, PopNLcok 5300 Tailgate Lock, All weather mats, Helo 17x8 Hubcentric Rims & BFG All Terrain 265/70/17, Blisteins 5100's all around with mini leaf add to the rears, AFE Pro Dry drop in filter, Go Rhino Hitch Step, TRD License Plate Frames and Tire Valve Covers. GrillCraft MX Mesh upper and lower grills with "old school TOYOTA" FJ emblem, Cobra CB Radio, Firestick CB Antenna with custom mount.
    Great build and write up so far Jeff. I know there is more to come...:) :thumbsup:

4. Nov 1, 2009 at 5:39 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    thanks; gettin there! :D

5. Nov 1, 2009 at 5:39 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    Loooking good

6. Nov 1, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    SaltySteve

SaltySteve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    Very nice!

7. Nov 1, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Very nice~ :)

8. Nov 1, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    thanks everyone! I know I'm not the most BUILT Tacoma out there.. but she's comfortable and good lookin'. I probably get a comment a day about how nice it is - which is pretty rad for a daily driver. :)

9. Nov 1, 2009 at 5:56 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Nice ride Jeff...I like the red tacomas...the Rad Reds

10. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:04 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Joshua Tree is a blast! They have great trails there. Good start Jeff. Keep it up and organize those thoughts. :D

11. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    thank you! AND i've been watching your build! very impressive - can't wait to see it in person!

Meh; you know me and my memory/organizational skills ;)

12. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:44 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Nice Jeff. Time for the headlight mod.

13. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    aah, i'll add that in. GrayHeadLightMod!!

14. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:17 PM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
    Nice start on your build page Jeff!

15. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:21 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    thanks! I feel like it'll make me do more to my tacoma.. its been a while since i've done anything to it

16. Nov 1, 2009 at 9:24 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    added some pictures..

17. Nov 1, 2009 at 9:30 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Nice!

18. Nov 12, 2009 at 9:09 AM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NICE
    the truck in front of you on the cleghorn pic looks kinda familiar...

19. Nov 12, 2009 at 9:29 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Yah it was some asshole. what a jerk!

20. Nov 12, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    death to you :p

Products Discussed in

To Top