1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Line-X on Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WheelinJ91, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Mar 29, 2012 at 6:46 AM
    WheelinJ91

WheelinJ91 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Edmonton,AB
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD DCSB
    Airaid Intake, MBRP Exhaust, Toytec OME 3" lift w/AAL, Flip-kit, LR UCA's, Weathertech Floor mats, hood and window deflectors.
    Hi all,

So i recently took the mud flaps (front) off my 2012 tacoma, i hane not had any rock chips or anything yet but I am looking at getting the rockers, bottom of door, and along the fenders done, i was hopping that people have done this and i could get some pictures, i have a black truck and i will be getting it color matched. I am thinking about going up to the crease on the doors so i am just trying to get ideas on what i should get done so if anyone has pics please post them.

Thanks.

2. Mar 29, 2012 at 6:58 AM
    RMAN808

RMAN808 S)(AKALO)(AWAII

Member:
    First Name:
    Reid
    Pearl City, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD OR 4X4 Quicksand
  3. Mar 29, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    WheelinJ91

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Edmonton,AB
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD DCSB
    Airaid Intake, MBRP Exhaust, Toytec OME 3" lift w/AAL, Flip-kit, LR UCA's, Weathertech Floor mats, hood and window deflectors.
    Awsome Thanks man, I know because black on black will be easy to do i think i will go up to the crease, im gonna rip down a dirty street and see where the spin off goes to. i think if rocks get flung they will go no higher then the crease so thats the plan.
    Im still in for more pictures of what people have done as i am still thinking about the rear bumper and the ones im having the most time desiding is the tailgate, front bumper/grill and possibly tie in a bit ont he front of the hood to tie in with the fenders then i wouldnt have to worry about anything chipping the edge of hood like on my last SUV.

4. Mar 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    WheelinJ91

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Edmonton,AB
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD DCSB
  5. Mar 31, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    My rockers have quite a few chips since removing my front flaps.

6. Mar 31, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    WheelinJ91

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Edmonton,AB
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD DCSB
    ......? i want to see pictures of diffrent ways people did box liner on the side of there trucks, i know im going to be getting it put on but i do not know yet if i want to go right to the crease on the doors.

7. Mar 31, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    Check out armaguard here in Edmonton. Their spray-in box liner product is awesome in my opinion, and I use them exclusively for all the box-liner work I need done in my shop.

8. Apr 1, 2012 at 6:31 AM
    WheelinJ91

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Edmonton,AB
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD DCSB
    Do they color match? thats one thing about line-X i like, also a guy i work with has his line-x'd and look sick but i do think he shouldnt have gone as high up the door as he did as he went to the crease on his GMC and its alot higher.

9. Apr 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM
    Ghost848

Ghost848 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Alberta,Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 TRD OR Silver M6
    OME + Dakers, 285/75R16 Nitto Trail Grapplers, ARB Bumper, Columbia overland Dual battery, Super winch,CC stage 4 clutch, bestop supertop, URD TO bearing, BHLM headlights, Cruisin offroad rear bumper, Harrop front E-locker.
    are you going for the look or function of the line-x? Because I got this 3m rock gaurd stuff on my truck and it works good... and it is see through so I have a color matched protection :p

10. Apr 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    grant99

grant99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    London, ON
    Vehicle:
    05 4DR TRD Sport 6SPD
    I had my previous truck (08 ram) done up to the body line inside and out of the door jams, rear wheel wells, front sport bumper and back bumper, and obviously the box, this was to help stop the "goat cancer" and stone chips I was getting. In the next week or two I will have my taco done all the same (minus the rear wheel wells, and box), and doing my AllPro bumper and my skids when they come in.

I love Line X, great product! I have many things around my shop done to extend the life of them. I would definitely suggest getting anything sprayed "Xtra'd" where they colour match it. And remember that it has a life time warranty, better than the cheaper roll on stuff. There are other products out there similar to Line X (rhino liner, etc) Just stay away from anything that is oil/tar based like Reflex, its a disaster!!!!!!

11. Apr 1, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    WheelinJ91

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Edmonton,AB
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD DCSB
    Good stuff grant, you should post some pictures when you get yours done so, Ive thought about getting the front of the truck and about 4" onto the hood to prevent rocks and bugs.

Products Discussed in

To Top