1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New... What to do??

Discussion in 'New Members' started by rhollander, May 3, 2009.

1. May 3, 2009 at 9:43 AM
    rhollander

rhollander [OP] Member

Member:
    Fallbrook, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD Off Road
    hey guys

So i just got my first tacoma (2009 PreRunner Access cab w/ TRD Off Road Package) and so far it is AMAZING!!! i have no negatives to it yet! I'm way stoked! But I still want to do some little mods and eventually get new wheels and tires and a leveling kit. Also with the engine I want to get a CAI and exhaust.... so do you guys have any recomendations for what i should get??? I'm open to really anything and I'm still trying to get used to a truck and its parts because I had a BMW before and it is completely different haha. So anything will help!

Thanks in advance!
    Robert

2. May 3, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Welcome! well if you want to start small, cheap and easy, try the black headlight mod!

3. May 3, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    rhollander

rhollander [OP] Member

Member:
    Fallbrook, CA
    Vehicle:
    oh ya i read about that... i think i would be to nervous to do it and break the light housings haha ill look into it more though haha

4. May 3, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
  5. May 3, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    rhollander

rhollander [OP] Member

Member:
    Fallbrook, CA
    Vehicle:
    ya i have definitely read through that forum a couple times its pretty cool how easy somethings can be. howd u black out the emblems was it just black spray paint?

6. May 3, 2009 at 9:54 AM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    Yup, I used 10lbs fishing line and a hair dryer to get mine off. Then i scuffed them up with some sand paper, sprayed some adhesion promoter then finished with 5 coats of krylon fusion. I will try to find the write up

7. May 3, 2009 at 9:55 AM
    rhollander

rhollander [OP] Member

Member:
    Fallbrook, CA
    Vehicle:
    awesome thanks man sounds pretty easy and cheap haha

8. May 3, 2009 at 9:55 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Skip the CAI- Get an AFE filter and enjoy the gains from that. For exhaust- Get a flowmaster muffler installed on your stock piping for sound...or a Dynomax Super Turbo for performance.

Throw a URD MAF calibrator on there to tune the engine for the new intake/exhaust combo and you'll be in good shape.

For leveling- Check out Downsouthmotorsports.com and the bilstien 5100 shocks. For about 200 bucks you can get your level on.

There is a wet okole group buy going on right now for seat covers....Any interior touches you like (new radio, iPod adaptor, lights, etc)...Go for it man!!

Welcome to the board and enjoy the reads!!

9. May 3, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
  10. May 3, 2009 at 10:13 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter

X2! This a great list to start with!

11. May 3, 2009 at 10:32 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    If you do your own maintenance..... you need some hood struts & a Fumoto drain valve.

If you work in & around a lot of dirt.... you need some seat covers & floor mats.

If you haul anything in the bed....you need a bed mat & tonneau cover.

If you have a garage and opener...you need a homelink rearview mirror.

12. May 3, 2009 at 11:11 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Fallbrook! Come over to Fiesta Island on Sat May 9th. There will be a group of us there hanging out. A meet and greet sort of thing. Welcome to TacomaWorld.

Products Discussed in

To Top