1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma packages

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by thomasr1950, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Oct 22, 2008 at 6:19 PM
    thomasr1950

thomasr1950 [OP] 19 Tacoma TRD Off Road

Member:
    central us
    Vehicle:
    19 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I'm trying to get more info. on the 09 Tacoma pkgs. I see where the SR5 w/JBL is about $900 more than the other SR5 pkg. One web site says something about a phone but i don't see a phone in the pkg on other web sites including toyota.com. That's seeems to be a high price for a radio/cd changer even though it has XM in it & a sub woofer.
    Another question i have is on driving lights. I thought i saw on a web site that they are included on the SR5 pkgs. I've been to a lot of web sites getting prices & trying to decide what i want, now i'm confused. Can anyone help on those 2 questions? toyota.com doesn't give much info. I don't like going to a dealer & getting hounded by sales reps.

2. Oct 22, 2008 at 7:01 PM
    flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Your best reference would be the little Tacoma booklet that you would get at a dealership. I am shopping hard for a particular Tacoma that doesn't exist so I am gonna have to order it. ANyway, to answer your first question....it is not a "phone", it is a Bluetooth sync to your Bluetooth enabled phone so you can talk on YOUR phone over the trucks stereo system...totally hands free and wireless. If all you want is a 6 disc CD "changer", you can get that without the JBL system for 200 bucks. The bottom line is, what do you want? If you have a tendency to modify your sound systems, then get the base system. If you don't jack with that stuff and you like to listen to decent tunes, maybe the JBL is worth it....it will be to me.

What exactly is your second question....are you referring to daytime running lights?....I think those are included in SR5.

3. Oct 22, 2008 at 7:24 PM
    thomasr1950

thomasr1950 [OP] 19 Tacoma TRD Off Road

Member:
    central us
    Vehicle:
    19 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    yes i was wondering about the drl, if it was included in the SR5 pkg. As far as the jbl system goes, yes i think it would be worth the extra $'s. I have an 08 Accord with XM & Bluetooth & love both.

4. Oct 23, 2008 at 7:59 AM
    flyjbaker

Member:
    DRL are strictly an option and not part of any package....as far as I can tell. It may be one of those deals where all the trucks come pre-wired for them and all you would have to do is install them and connect the wires....or maybe the dealer would do that.....

5. Oct 23, 2008 at 7:22 PM
    09tacoma

09tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    4x4 off road
    access tonneau cover, smitty built side steps
    i was told that all the pkg i was looking at like the trd and sr5 pkgs are all built with day time running lights so you have to get them. I think they cost 40 bucks so it isnt to bad.

6. Oct 23, 2008 at 7:36 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    the drl is a standard w/ the 09's...same as rollside curtain airbags, auto lsd, and vsc/trac, depending on the model

7. Oct 24, 2008 at 7:51 AM
    flyjbaker

Member:
    I don't think they are standard. I am shopping heavily and every time I have seen them, they are itemized all by themselves for $40.00. If you look in the Tacoma pamphlet....same deal....optional only and not part of a package. Anyway, certain regional distributors order their trucks a certain way and maybe yours always order them that way. But I am willing to bet you still pay for them seperately. ANyway, because of how cheap they are.....that is why I was thinking it may just be an activation type of scenario since they use the blinkers anyway(I am not sure about that). They just flip a switch or plug a plug and voila, they are 40 bucks richer.

8. Oct 24, 2008 at 7:53 AM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    My '09 does not have DRL. It's just a plugin harness though, and I think it costs ~$40 if you want to do it yourself.

9. Oct 24, 2008 at 7:59 AM
    Rickochet

Rickochet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma Access 2.7 4 x 2
    Added VS Wipers, Cruise Control, DRL, Undercover SE Bed Cover
  10. Oct 24, 2008 at 8:01 AM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    There's another way to do it that's listed in the cheap/free mods thread that seems pretty simple:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/4838-cheap-free-mods.html#post45435

Products Discussed in

To Top