1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Towing Mirrors?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by yotafirefighter, May 18, 2012.

1. May 18, 2012 at 6:08 AM
    yotafirefighter

yotafirefighter [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma
    3 inch suspension lift.
    Are the dodge towing mirrors the best to use on a 2011 tacoma? What about the newer f150 towing mirrors? Thanks for any help

2. May 18, 2012 at 6:41 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    There was a practically brand new set of McKesh tow mirror in the classifieds here.
    Also there was a thread a while back where someone modded their mirrors with another brand.
    Cannot remember exactly who or when it was done. But the DIY had the pictures to do it.
    It is here somewhere.
    It looked good too.

It was dodge mirrors
    Here is the link it was a sticky above
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/towing/22244-my-towing-mirrors.html

3. May 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM
    campthewestcoast

campthewestcoast Oceanfisherman

Member:
    Napa, CA
    Power extend/retract towing mirrors,brake controller,30amp charging system for TT,snug top camper
    The problem with newer mirrors from different makes is the base that mounts to the door, the newer mirror base is to large for the tacoma.
    You need 98-02 chevy or dodge mirrors. People have mounted dodge mirrors to tacoma's.
    I was able to do a work/trade for a set of " Powervisionmirrors.com " from a 98 chevy. You might be able to find a set on craigslist. I was able to install and wire them in a weekend.

4. May 18, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    yotafirefighter

yotafirefighter [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma
    3 inch suspension lift.
    Which version of the chevy mirrors? the regular mirrors? or these extentable towing mirrors?

[​IMG]

5. May 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    campthewestcoast

Member:
    Napa, CA
    Power extend/retract towing mirrors,brake controller,30amp charging system for TT,snug top camper
    The mirrors in this picture will not work, mounting base is to large for tacoma.Regular chevy mirrors would be the same view pattern as stock taco mirrors Here is the link to the mirrors http://powervisionmirrors.com/gm/gm_models Model#6030
    Also http://wwwaztrucks.com/product.asp?product=81
    This not an advertisement for other sites, just where I posted the mirror upgrade in the pass.
    Here's what I did, I couldn't find the pictures in my library but here's a link to my travel trailer forum with install pictures and wiring diagrams. http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f19/towing-mirrors-toyota-tacoma-1376/
    Also on
    Changing over to different make of mirror is a modification, not just an easy bolt on. As you can see, a new base trim/gasket is hand made from a semi-truck mud flap.

6. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM
    ToyComa84

ToyComa84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt(hew)
    "flatland"
    Vehicle:
    03 prerunner sr5
    plasti dipped wheel caps,
    i would imagine either one, since the are both made for the chevy, so they'd probably both match up and work

7. Jul 11, 2012 at 6:13 AM
    campthewestcoast

Member:
    Napa, CA
    As long as you used the mirror from an early chevy 98-02 so that the base will be small enough to mount to the tacoma door.

8. Jul 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    J Gibson

J Gibson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB,4wd,TRD Sport, tow pkg, MGM
    katzkin leather, toyota step bars, pro grill, advent overhead DVD player, cargo extender, bed mat, husky liners, impulse digital brake controller, avs bugflector, tinted windows, Firestone ride-rite air bags, ARE camper top with tool doors, ScangaugeII, ProEFX tow mirrors, ImMrYo rearview mirror lift bracket, Salex glove box and console organizers, 2020 Tacoma Pro styled wheels, 265/70 r17 Michelin MS2 tires, LED map lights, drivers seat extended and raised, ram ball tech deck installed, blacked out badges, tinted taillights, upgraded climate control knobs, ultimate headlight upgrade with Osram superbrights and wiring harness along wit OEM pro headlight housings.
    I absolutely love the ProEFX mirrors. They are by far the best option that I could find for towing mirrors for the Tacoma. They are basically the Dodge towing mirrors manufactured with a Tacoma mount. One of the guys here on TacomaWorld played a part in getting them made.

Here is a link to Rob's post......

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/244365-proefx-towing-mirrors.html

Products Discussed in

To Top