1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Serious dilemma here... Flowmaster 40s or 50s series for the 4.0??

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Yota Man, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Apr 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    Yota Man

Yota Man [OP] Taco enthusiast

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Red Deer, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    '14 TRD Sport Storm Trooper
    3" Revtech leveling kit, 17x9 XD Revolvers on 275/70/R17 BFG K02s, smoked mirror signals, Spyder tail lights with aftermarket tint, Bulletproof Fabricating grill, debadged everything, trifecta tonneau cover, Flowmaster 40 series cat back exhaust with 4'' MBRP exhaust tip, Black headlight mod and tint, L.E.D. reverse, license, and all interior lights, AJT shifter, more to come.
    Hey everyone, I guess I should start with the fact that im brand new to the forum as well this is the first Toyota I have ever owned. I've only had it two weeks but I already know I will be dealing with Toyota for a very long time, extremely pleased with my 2014 Taco Trd sport.

Anyway, i've done a fair amount of work within the two weeks of having her, but now im looking to get the exhaust done and can't decide on one. I know im going with Flowmaster without a question already. But.... 40s or 50s?? All im going by is the countless videos I've watched online which I know doesnt do it justice. So any opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks

2. Apr 5, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    muddedtaco

muddedtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    South Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 4x4 2.7
    Rattle caned black, Mossy oak door panels, shifter shroud, and radio cluster surround
    I have a 40 series on my 96 2.7. I love the way it sounds. The only thing is, it is loud. I like a loud exhaust but at 70 I cant hear the radio, or people have to holler to talk in side the cab.

3. Apr 5, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    zacharypaul89

zacharypaul89 Eat right, be fit, die anyway

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Trd Offroad
  4. Apr 5, 2014 at 12:54 PM
    Yota Man

Yota Man [OP] Taco enthusiast

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Red Deer, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    '14 TRD Sport Storm Trooper
    3" Revtech leveling kit, 17x9 XD Revolvers on 275/70/R17 BFG K02s, smoked mirror signals, Spyder tail lights with aftermarket tint, Bulletproof Fabricating grill, debadged everything, trifecta tonneau cover, Flowmaster 40 series cat back exhaust with 4'' MBRP exhaust tip, Black headlight mod and tint, L.E.D. reverse, license, and all interior lights, AJT shifter, more to come.
    Thanks fellas. I think ill be going with the FM 50 Series. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top