1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JLink's Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by JLink, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Jan 29, 2020 at 8:00 PM
    Tacoben

Tacoben Benandblue

Member:
    First Name:
    Eigi
    Virginia Beach,VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 SR5 Prerunner 2WD
    My Build Page https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/bantugin%E2%80%99s-taco-build.649938/

Mad skills on wiring very awesome build :)

JLink[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  2. Feb 6, 2020 at 7:51 AM
    JLink

JLink [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    I guess I should introduce the new rig.
    2006 Land Cruiser. Bought it with 137k miles. Flew down to Tampa FL to buy it and drove it home.

C8D396D7-83D9-4573-B22D-D87C21E65C80.jpg

2396D1BF-D98F-4E58-9F2C-06D909FD7B98.jpg

109884A7-6DD8-4621-897C-C44FD3099F7D.jpg

Maintenance so far:
    - Engine oil and filter
    - spark plugs
    - engine air filter
    - cleaned MAF and throttle body
    - greased drive shaft
    - fog light bulbs
    - serpentine belt
    - transmission flush
    - transfer case fluid
    - front and rear diff fluid
    - brake fluid flush
    - power steering fluid flush
    - replaced windshield and all windshield trim.

Need to do:
    - coolant flush
    - wool wax spray rust proofing
    - heater tees (Waiting to install)

Mods so far:
    - weathertech floor mats
    - front and rear door speakers, tweeters
    - prinsu roof rack

upcoming mods:
    - wheels and tires
    - crank torsion bars to level it
    - ARB RD152 rear locker
    - ARB CKMA12 air compressor and air up kit
    - Slee slider steps
    - Slee rear bumper
    - ARB front bumper
    - A real lift

The idea was for it to be a reliable spare vehicle so when I’m working on the Tacoma or my wife’s Subaru we have something to drive. Last February I had to ride my dual sport motorcycle to work for 2 weeks while I installed the LRA tank and had the rear diff arb air seal replaced. Now I have to send the 3rd member back to ECGS to have the seal replaced again.. and didn’t want to have to ride the bike again. Also the Subaru has been our snowboard trip vehicle, and it’s become less than trustworthy. The first trip out this winter it over heated and spewed coolant only 2.5 hours into the drive. So until I figure that out and can trust it again, the Land Cruiser is now our snowboard trip vehicle.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Tibetan Nomad, NYCO, TacoFMS and 7 others like this.
  3. Feb 6, 2020 at 8:34 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    We need the otters back together this spring... :spy:

JLink[OP] likes this.
  4. Feb 6, 2020 at 8:37 AM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    agreed

5. Feb 6, 2020 at 8:39 AM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Even if it's just an overnight hangout @6 gearT444E shop... Miss you guys! Love seeing all of the wife's artwork on FB & IG she's very talented. :thumbsup:

6 gearT444E likes this.
  6. Feb 6, 2020 at 8:42 AM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Yea definitely... I still haven’t even been to Ant’s since the pole barn went up!

Thanks, she’s definitely staying busy and getting better. She’s hoping to be able to transition into doing it full time.

HomerTaco[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Feb 6, 2020 at 8:48 AM
    cynicalrider

cynicalrider #NFG

Member:
    Jersey
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 TRD 4x4, '23 Bronco Wildtrak, 2017 HSQV FE350
    Drop bracket lift and booger welds
    Good luck digging @sander1036 out of whatever hole he dig himself into. :p

sander1036, JLink[OP] and 6 gearT444E like this.
  8. Feb 6, 2020 at 8:50 AM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    He's still alive. ;)

9. Feb 7, 2020 at 11:07 AM
    ERMB

ERMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Land Cruiser
    Welcome to the cruiser club! Great vehicle and yours looks especially clean and well taken care of. You might want to add to your list replace heater Tee's if still original and keep an eye on your radiator. Mine had about 90K more than yours when the rad went but I think its the age of the plastics on the top, if it's brownish in color keep a really close eye on it!

10. Feb 7, 2020 at 6:36 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Thanks! I do need to add the heater tees to my list, they look great but I’ll change them before they crack. I saw your username somewhere on Mud and wondered if it was the same ERMB as on here!

I’ll take a look at the radiator plastic. Did you replace yours with oem or auto parts store, or did you find something better?

11. Feb 7, 2020 at 8:06 PM
    ERMB

ERMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Land Cruiser
    Haha, I did the same thing, mine didn't look too bad but since I had no idea how old they were or if they were still the originals I figured I should just go ahead and replace them.
    For the Rad I had heard if it's got a brownish color that its a sign that it's getting brittle and the next thing I knew it started leaking. I read thread after thread about what direction to go for a replacement. I just went ahead and ordered one off of eBay. It's been in there for over 2 years and have had no issues with it.
    I unfortunately inherited a vehicle that was not very well taken care of by it's previous owner so I've been basically replacing everything as I work my way through it. Hopefully yours has a better track record then mine did. I love the way it drives, and handles both on and off road. It's just such a different animal from the Taco!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    ETAV8R likes this.
  12. Feb 7, 2020 at 10:33 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    My wife and I both love how it drives. Whoever leaves for work first ends up taking it lol. Really makes me curious what the 200 series LCs are like.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    ERMB[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Feb 10, 2020 at 7:23 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Quoting this to keep from losing it

HomerTaco likes this.
  14. Apr 18, 2020 at 6:07 AM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Land Cruiser post-

just installed a prinsu rack

30F83573-14C2-4C1F-989E-A35A06CF739C.jpg

7163BF93-EEC6-4EBE-B0CB-54425FD179C3.jpg

377F972C-62BF-4E22-838F-5209C4362B1C.jpg

Maintenance so far:
    - Engine oil and filter
    - spark plugs
    - engine air filter
    - cleaned MAF and throttle body
    - greased drive shaft
    - fog light bulbs
    - serpentine belt
    - transmission flush
    - transfer case fluid
    - front and rear diff fluid
    - brake fluid flush
    - power steering fluid flush
    - replaced windshield and all windshield trim.

Need to do:
    - coolant flush
    - wool wax spray rust proofing
    - heater tees (Waiting to install)

Mods so far:
    - weathertech floor mats
    - front and rear door speakers, tweeters
    - prinsu roof rack

upcoming mods:
    - wheels and tires
    - crank torsion bars to level it
    - ARB RD152 rear locker
    - ARB CKMA12 air compressor and air up kit
    - Slee slider steps
    - Slee rear bumper
    - ARB front bumper
    - A real lift

And the Tacoma 3rd member is back from getting the air seal replaced again, so sometime in the next few days I need to find time to put it back together.

15. Apr 30, 2020 at 2:43 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Tacoma got the ARB RD129 rear locker air seal replaced for the 2nd time.

I also had a brake caliper seize up so I replaced the calipers, rotors, pads. Power stop z36 kit. This is now the 2nd time I’ve replaced the calipers, and the last set went in back in January 2016.. let’s hope the new ones last longer.

Subaru hasn’t been driven lately, and had a completely dead battery. I jump started it and put a battery tender on it but it never charged up. I put my dads big wheeled battery charger on it for a few hours and it still takes 20 amps but doesn’t seem to be charging up. So I just bought a smart battery charger and I have it running the recondition mode before I try charging it. It’s an optima yellow top that I bought in December 2015.. hopefully it has some life left.

I also think the land cruiser might need a battery.

MY50cal and HomerTaco like this.
  16. Apr 30, 2020 at 2:45 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Landcruiser is lookin slick Josh. :cool:

17. Apr 30, 2020 at 2:49 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    thanks. I like it a lot. Just took the steps off too. Now it needs some sliders.

F75EE450-13D4-4D93-9A83-5E4AB30148F2.jpg

I like it so much that I’d like to sell the Subaru and get another one lol. Freehold Toyota has a 2005 Lexus LX470 for $10,500. It would be cool to have one of each of the 100 series options.

18. May 1, 2020 at 8:37 AM
    cynicalrider

cynicalrider #NFG

Member:
    Jersey
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 TRD 4x4, '23 Bronco Wildtrak, 2017 HSQV FE350
    Drop bracket lift and booger welds
    Will the landcruiser see much more than fire roads for the snowboard trips? Really wont be a camping rig right? It's looking sharp.

19. May 1, 2020 at 5:55 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Not completely sure. I’d like it to be capable enough to do anything we want. Check out class 4 roads in Vermont. Anything short of rausch creek really. Lol

I wanted to sign up for hundreds in the hills this summer but it sold out in one day. It’s the only 100 series land cruiser specific event in the country, and it’s based out of silverton, co. Would’ve been fun.. maybe another year.

ETAV8R, ERMB and cynicalrider[QUOTED] like this.
  20. May 6, 2020 at 8:50 AM
    ETAV8R

ETAV8R Out DERP'n

Member:
    Republik of Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    MGM 09 AC 4WD V6 TRD-OR w/ Tradesman Shell
    Just the basics
    Having done a week long trip in Southwest CO, also based in Silverton I have to say that area is amazing. Not only in the types of scenery available but also the history found in the region.

JLink[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
To Top