1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need suggestion on headlights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by T-Rex266, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Jan 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Look at the pics, they're incredibly bright! They throw light across a very wide pattern and have the sharp cut-off on top.

2. Jan 12, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    yeah man they are very bright! they light up like 6 lanes of traffic across at night.

it seems like your looking for a lot of color but still want a lot of performance.

the fx-r is going to be very hard to beat and should be on your short list of projectors.
    as it has the most color of any bi-xenon projector that i'm aware of and they are marginally more expensive than the minis they also do very well with 55 watt bulbs and ballast.

check into buying the actual projectors from a retrofitter like customlightz.com or lightwerkz.com those guys offer color mods and various performance mods for projectors that can really enhance there color/performance it can make a big difference with the H1 and a little with the fx-r but, imo its worth it. then hop in on a group buy for the rest of your stuff from trs. you would have one of the best set-ups on the site man. for like 400 bucks.

get the color that you want and the performance is not going to be an issue at all lol. out of all the lights on my truck leds halogens what ever the headlights alone are more than enough for 99% of the time. i'll try and take some more pics of my cut off and show how wide they are for you the fx-r is really a great unit.

3. Jan 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    if it seems like its to much work and it is kind of a time suck doing a set yourself ant has been churning out some sweet fx-rs for awhile now really sharp stuff man.

its obviously more money to have a pro do it for you but sometimes it can save some hair pulling and cursing lol.

4. Jan 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 [OP] Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Elon
    Soooo if I had around $200ish what would u recommend? :)

5. Jan 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Save until you have $300ish :D No sense in doing it twice, do it once the way you want.

Since you already have bulbs and ballasts, check the retrofit source for just the projectors. You can pick them up for under $200. You might have to get new bulbs though, not 100% sure...

6. Jan 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    I can get you shots of H1 later this weekend... I'll be heading up to my parents. I did an H1 mini retrofit for my father's van (honda odyssey).

7. Jan 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    H1's from customlightz or lightwerkz either place can mod them for like 20 or 30 additional dollars and make them really nice.

if done right they gain a lot of color and don't really lose any sharpness in the cut-off.
    bjorn is really good at modding them i have seen his in person and they are no joke as nice as my fx-rs. they don't handle 55 watts though so bear that in mind.

in headlights the difference between the 35 and 55 watts are about a 20% increase in output. its noticeable but, more so with some projectors.

8. Jan 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    How about some more shots from the driver's seat on the road? These pics from the side and pointed at walls and all are good but only show the cutoff line clarity and lack of scatter but don't really portray the lighting in the real driving world. Only shots from the driver's seat on the road do, like the ones that someone did post up of lows, highs and offroads in seperate shots in another thread.

9. Jan 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i'm going to take some soon currently the winch is out of the truck waiting for synth line and better grease.

when i bolt it all back together i plan on taking some shots of it on my property i have almost 2 acres so at night i'll throw on the light get on my roof and snap a pic driving with these is an experience lol.

6 lanes across is a lot of light to the sides. the last pic is my fx-rs and only one is on the house the other was shining completely off the side. so my drivers side alone is enough to light up the entire length of my rancher at like 40 feet.

10. Feb 16, 2012 at 4:05 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob

Products Discussed in

To Top