Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Chepo's Mexican Taco

Old 02-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Chepo's Mexican Taco

So, I cleaned the OP... It had tons of pictures, and now it will have the latest mods...
Also:

What's my build?
It's a 2011 DCSB TRD SPORT

Here it is:

And this is how it looked when I picked her @ the dealer

Now it looks like this:

ARMOR:
  • Custom Skid Plates
  • ARB bumper
  • Custom Bolt-On Sliders

Suspension
  • Front: OME Nitrochargers 885
  • Back: TSB Leaf Springs

Lightning
Wheels & Tires
Other Stuff
Wish List
  • Auxiliary Fuse Panel (Waiting to be installed)
  • High clearance rear plate bumper (Already ordered, just waiting for it)
  • OMETAC05HK... OME Lift Kit with 886 springs
  • 255/80/17 BfGoodrich KM2 tires
  • 20" Led bar (instead cheapo lights)
  • 10,000 winch...

UPDATE & COST
- Tonneau (05/21/14) $120.00
- AC in Cab Mod (05/10/14) $20.00
- HIDs on Headlights and Fog Lights (02/27/14) $90.00
- Got my skidplates rebuit (01/15/14) $0.00
- Seat Covers (08/10/13) $50.00
- Installed Dome LEDs & Rock Lights (10/14/12) $40.00
- Got my custom skid plates installed (10/02/12) $350.00
- Did the exhaust pipe relocation (09/07/12) $100.00
- Received and installed Devils Horn by Andres (06/04/12) $77.00
- Built my own Hi-Lift mounts (05/13/12) $15.00 aprox.
- Painted black the "Offroadin" wheels & new extra fog lights (04/15/12) $15.00
- Installed the Snorkel! (03/15/12) $280.00
- Got new tires: 265/75 R16 (03/08/12) $1000.00
- Just installed extra Fog & Spot Lights (03/05/12) $50.00
- ARB bumper + Springs + NitroChargers $540.00
- Custom Sliders $300.00
- Started this Build Thread (02/20/12) $0.00

TOTAL = $3,047.00 (So far...)
Old 02-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build page man! Great pics. Any lift in the future?
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagledynasty View Post
Nice build page man! Great pics. Any lift in the future?
Thank man! unfortunately, the parking lot that I use doesn't have high ceilings and I won't be able to enter with a lift...
Also, I go on highways at least 4 times per week... and I have a heavy foot... so I don't think that the lift will be a good idea...

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Custom Bolt On Sliders, the Final Result:

Hi-Lift Test:

Some months later I went to a trip to Estorax River, here in Mexico...

Where we camped:

Finally, after a lot of water, we got some dust:

Old 03-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
wow scenery looks badass. the river you drove through makes me wanna jump in there.

Oh all those mods and no real tires yet?

BTW take your mud flaps off. if you wheel they cause more harm than good.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
wow scenery looks badass. the river you drove through makes me wanna jump in there.

Get on that asap. I only had mine on for a year and one offroad trip and it put it a line of stripped paint off
Old 03-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #6

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my ARB Bumper!!!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Then I received my pair of fog lights and a pair of spot lights... What I wanted to do is to keep the cabin as stock as possible, so what I did was to wire the relays of each pair of extra lights to the factory relays for the fog lights and the high beam...

Here are some pics of how they turned out...

Fuses coming directly from the battery...(had to do it this way because I haven't found a nice fuse box here in Mexico)

A little Aluminum Plate for installing the Relays... I painted it black for better looks... Red wires are +, black wires are -, and blue wires are + switched (signal from Fog and Hi Beam)

This is the result! I think they give a more aggressive look!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

When I decided to instal my snorkel do it!! I just grabed all my tools, dremmel, tape, some deep breaths and then I was ready to cut!!

Didn't take any pictures of the process, but if you click here you can get tons of info!

Mine is not functional yet, cause I have to go tomorrow to get the tubing done... but so far, it looks great!! what do you think??

Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #7

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

haha thanks! yup, the river was badass!!! Right now I'm looking for another set of tires... just for offroading!!! I will keep using the stock ones for my daily tasks!

Quote:
Get on that asap. I only had mine on for a year and one offroad trip and it put it a line of stripped paint off
Damn! I'm gonna do that tonight! Do I need to take the back ones as well??

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Bet you've got some awesome wheelin down there. Trucks coming along nicely.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #10
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
sweet!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #11
The White Knight

Your truck looks ready for a zombie invasion down in Mexico with that bumper and lights haha
Old 03-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #12

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger1 View Post
Sick truck man, I wished I had wheelin spots like that!
Thanks man! I think that there are tons of places everywhere to wheel, and every place has it's own "personality" or... placeality??? hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Bet you've got some awesome wheelin down there. Trucks coming along nicely.
yup!!! thanks man!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
sweet!
& sour... cause of the $$$$!!!!

Quote:
Your truck looks ready for a zombie invasion down in Mexico with that bumper and lights haha
hahaha good one! I'm gonna look for a sticker that says something like: Zombie... re-Killer!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
jds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
jds0912's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man. Sweet truck! I'm not sure if you have seen this at all, but there is going to be an "End of the World" Rally starting in Guanajuato, next December. This is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HJ1s...ature=youtu.be

You can read more about it on expo portal

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...lly-on-the-Web

Or the website www.mayarally.com

My brother and I are thinking about doing it! You should too!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Orale!
Old 03-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #16
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
You alright dood? earthquake looks like it was really bad.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #17

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds0912 View Post
Hey man. Sweet truck! I'm not sure if you have seen this at all, but there is going to be an "End of the World" Rally starting in Guanajuato, next December. This is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HJ1s...ature=youtu.be

You can read more about it on expo portal

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...lly-on-the-Web

Or the website www.mayarally.com

My brother and I are thinking about doing it! You should too!
Actually it looks great!!! I had a meeting with some friends of a local club and we might do it!!! Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Gran trabajo en su camión...enjoy!
Thanks!!! Still workin on it!

Quote:
You alright dood? earthquake looks like it was really bad.
Thanks man, everything is alright... The inly thing that happened in my apartment was that the fridge moved 1ft... Some stuff on the floor, and that I woke up By the crazy movement! The only thing that i did was to put my pants and ran to the roof of the buildin (live on the 6 floor and my apartment is 100 yards from the main stairs...)
Old 03-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #18
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
How difficult was the snorkel to install that's on my list!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #19

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
How difficult was the snorkel to install that's on my list!
It wasn't that difficult... I read this post many times before doing it...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...n-ss170hf.html

If you buy it from cruiseroutfitters you will get the Template for the Taco, remember this snorkel is made for the hilux...

If you get it directly from ARB, i will recomend to check its position like at least 10 times before drilling anything... Mine looks good, but the only problem was that i left it like 1 inch higher, i haven't had the time for making the proper connection, i hope that this weekend ill get it done

Good luck with that!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #20

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Talking WRC

For the last WRC event that took place in the City of Leon, Guanajuato... We made an expedition, and here are some pictures!!!

At Camp Site

Hey Jeeps!