Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado Trip Reports

Old 11-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Colorado Trip Reports

I think we could use our own trip reports thread so we can keep the Upcoming Events thread for planning. We can use this one for posting pics and videos and letting people know conditions.

Oh yeah, we might as well get this some positive recognition.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe...o&feature=plcp It is recorded in HD so you can switch to that when it starts.

Here is my first try at posting a youtube video. If I can figure out how to embed it, I will.
This is Middle St. Vrain on November 23, 2012. Iw was too icy for us to finish. Joey and I had a great time though and plan to do this trail again, next time connecting to Coney Flats too. Tons of side-by-sides and ATVs too.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 11-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i want to go to CO. but i hate you OP for posting that pic just so i would come in here not even reading the thread title.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peWtF...e_gdata_player
Try without the https and it should post the vid

Uhh wtf it won't let me post without the http, my side shows just the link but after I post it the http comes back.... Stupid
Old 11-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peWtF...e_gdata_player
Try without the https and it should post the vid

Uhh wtf it won't let me post without the http, my side shows just the link but after I post it the http comes back.... Stupid
Well it embedded on your post, but not on mine. Oh well. There is one small part in that video that repeats but I will fix and repost to youtube
Old 11-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
http://://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe...o&feature=plcp It is recorded in HD so you can switch to that when it starts.

Here is my first try at posting a youtube video. If I can figure out how to embed it, I will.
This is Middle St. Vrain on November 23, 2012. Iw was too icy for us to finish. Joey and I had a great time though and plan to do this trail again, next time connecting to Coney Flats too. Tons of side-by-sides and ATVs too.
That looked like fun!
Old 11-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, I ran that last weekend, turned around right before the first ice hole, just after the log/ice waterfall. I was rollin solo and didn't want to risk getting stuck. I also ran bounce school and T-33A up past the set of big ledges, and turned around before the shakane (sp?) that had ice in it and again didn't want to risk getting stuck.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
sweet! you look pretty graceful on the ice travis. were you a ballerina in another life?
Old 11-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #11
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yea! subd
Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #12
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #14
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
reports i have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post

OFF-ROADING PICS:

Twin Cone October 14, 2012
pics

Wheeler lake July 1, 2012
pics start here

Moab May 15-20, 2012
forum
hells revenge
cliffhanger

Tincup Pass>Blue Mesa Cutoff>Engineer Pass>Mineral Creek>Black Bear Pass(incomplete)>Ophir Pass>Imogene Pass(incomplete) September 16-18, 2011
TW Pics

Red Elephant Hill>Bill Moore Lake September 10, 2011
TW Pics
full album

Spring Creek August 27, 2011
TW Pics
full album

Saint Johns August 14, 2011
TW Pics
full album

Holy Cross August 13, 2011
TW Pics
full album

Wheeler Lake - Colorado Toyota Jamboree July 30, 2011 (didn't wheel my truck but took tons of photos and videos)
TW Pics & Vids

Middle St Vrain>Coney Flats July 17, 2011
TW Pics & Vids
full album

Cascade Creek>Saxon Mountain>McClellan Mountain July 16, 2011
TW Pics
More TW Pics & vids from NetMonkey
full album

Miller Rock & T-33A Plane Crash June 5, 2011
full album
TW Thread Narrative

The Gulches (Metberry & Hackett) May 21, 2011
full album on photobucket
TW Thread

Moab May 13-15, 2011
TW Thread Narration
full album

Saxon Mountain and Spring Creek area May 8, 2011
TW Thread narrative
full album

Oh-my-god Road -> Russel Gulch -> Pickle Gulch April 9, 2011
TW Thread Narrative
full album

Central City/Yankee Hill March 13, 2011
full album

Black Bear Pass/Telluride trip August 7-11, 2010
TW Thread Narrative

Bill Moore Lake
TW Thread write-up
Old 11-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
here for the bewbs
Old 11-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
sweet! you look pretty graceful on the ice travis. were you a ballerina in another life?
Nice. Laugh at the chubby guy slipping on the ice. We didn't catch any of your feet-out on your ass episodes, unfortunately. I think laura was the only one who didn't go down.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #17
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Nice. Laugh at the chubby guy slipping on the ice. We didn't catch any of your feet-out on your ass episodes, unfortunately. I think laura was the only one who didn't go down.
no video/pictures of it..... therefore it never happened.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
no video/pictures of it..... therefore it never happened.
Mmm hmmm. It will happen again and I will be there with a camera next time.

Anyway, Wuzzy (Mike), Nick's friend Jeff, and I did Kelley flats today. He truck did awesome and I got the itch to wheel taken care of so I can focus on sliders and tires now. It was totally clear, no snow or ice, but it is closing December 1st, so if any of you as planning on doing it, now is the time!

Will post some pics and video of the trail probably tomorrow.

Nick- tell Jeff sorry he ended up having to wait so long for us, I felt bad. His rig is just too sick, he was waiting for our asses all day.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #20
RussellG is on a distinguished road

Name: Russell
RussellG's Tacoma Gallery
The crossing at msv got hard. The lower ones weren't thick enough to hold any of the rigs 2 weeks ago. The lake at the top was about that frozen I got 10feet out and fell through. The trail was kinda slick in spots from people spinning but nothin like it looked for you guys. I will have to post pics from it when I'm on a computer