1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need to "revamp" my suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by YotePower, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Feb 26, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    YotePower

YotePower [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dillon
    Greenback, TN
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 4WD LX
    I recently got my truck on the road for the first time since I have owned it. It runs good but it doesn't drive so good. To summarize it was a balljoint breaking that caused the damage, I bought it cheap, fixed the front right suspension (new bj's U&L, tie rod ends, sway bar link, new cv boot, and brake hose) Naturally I couldnt wait to get it on the road. I immediately started using it as my DD. I notice right off that it had a slight lean, broken leaf spring on left side. I also noticed how bad out of alignment it is. I was told to wait on the alignment until I repaired the leaf spring or it will need to be re-aligned. Both leaf springs are flattened completely and one is broken. The truck rides rough and is all over the road. Also it shakes like hell when I slow down abruptly. I have hardly nothing in the truck so I would like to put a little money into an upgraded suspension. Keep in mind I have no experience other than fixing the things I did to get it running and putting a 3inch s AAL lift on my old tacoma. I would like to get it to ride and handle very well on and off road. I occasionally do minor trail riding. Also I do want to go with 33" tires so I need suggestions on lifts. So in conclusion, what all do I need to replace/buy other than the obvious cracked leaf springs, what are affordable options for those parts?
    Thanks!

2. Feb 26, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Fairfield, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed
    Honestly, replace it all, new leafs, new shocks, new UCA'S...will ride better than ever on road and off road. Just use the search function here, find yourself the lift/components you think will work for you, and off you go....then you'll realize you want more...and more...and more...*shudder*

3. Feb 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Longtime Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Silver State Edition
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s Click the sig pic to see the build thread .
    ^ Yes.
    Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

To Top