1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM Audio Plus Reviews

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by oemaudioplus, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Nov 17, 2016 at 1:20 PM
    oemaudioplus

oemaudioplus [OP] ☎ 855-636-6346

Member:
    Anaheim, CA
  2. May 13, 2017 at 11:30 AM
    kgilly

kgilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Bed cover and Mud flaps, OEM Audio
    Just finished my OEM audio 450Q installation yesterday and all I can say is "Awesome". wow what a difference over factory. Had a couple minor glitches with install, but it was my mistake for them and dan at oem was incredible with help. I know I probably spent more for this but since it was a simple plug and play, I felt it was the best option over individual pieces and it was very easy to do. I had more issues with the plastic trim panels. All in all an incredible setup. Now my volume has more sound at the notch of 10 than turning it up to 40 to hear it on the highway. I also added sound deadening material in all four doors. Great equipment and customer service.

3. Jun 5, 2017 at 11:04 AM
    Utley06

Utley06 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Off Road DBL Cab
    Just installed the 7 speakers and amp in my 2017 Tacoma. All I can say is Wow!!!! OEM+ Audio completely transformed my Taco!! I've owned stereo systems in the 3k range (4K with install) and also Bose and Dynaudio in my Audi's and VW's.. This system sounds better and was exactly what I was looking for!! Best word to describe it is balanced.. Every sound is in unison..

While I loved the sound of my Bose and Dynaudio, the OEM+ has bigger balls if you will. OEM+ has better highs, mids, and way more clean, quality, and tastefull bass..

With other aftermarket systems you get way too much bass, and or a bass knob that looks hideous on your dash and that constantly has to be adjusted. The alternative to a bass knob is a head unit with a dash kit that will allow for better audio controls but that also makes your 40K cars dash look like a 90's high school kids corolla.. By going with an aftermarket head unit, you also loose some of your OEM features that sync with your cars computer system such as oil change intervals and MPG readings to name a few.

The install, while tedious and time consuming, it is not difficult with this video to aid you throughout the process. I especially liked the idea of doing it myself so that I knew it was done right and damage free. I made sure every clip was accounted for and that everything went back on correctly and securely to eliminate rattles.

If you're a young kid that likes to cruise past malls wanting everyone to hear your bass.. This system is obviously not for you. But if you want a quality, clean, and balanced sound system while still keeping your cars original OEM features you cannot go wrong with this system.. Highly, highly recommended!!

Guerrilla likes this.
  4. Jun 7, 2017 at 8:43 AM
    Guerrilla

Guerrilla L(.)(.)K@B(.)(.)Bz

Member:
    First Name:
    D. Cooley
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Stuff
    Funny before reading this post of yours and posting in the other thread in response to your post to mine.. I (obviously) didn't realize, you'd had any experience with Dynaudio..
    So it sounds to me like, you'd be someone with good feed back for me, bc of your experience with that type of sound system. That's good to know know.

5. Jul 17, 2017 at 9:47 AM
    KitComa

KitComa New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Taco
    I have had the OEM Audio Plus system installed in my 2017 taco for 1 month now.
    Installation was a breeze (4 beers worth) and took about 3 hours. The step by step video instructions are priceless.
    I must say the audio clarity compared to stock is unbelievable. The highs and mids are way clean and LOUD!!
    I opted not to use the OEM sub and installed 2 pioneer 10's behind the rear seat utilizing TacoTunes boxes. I spoke with Daniel several times about the set-up I was going to use. He was very helpful with configuration and took the time to understand what I was trying to accomplish with my install.
    I have had vehicles in the past with the Bose audio systems and the OEM Audio + system is hands down the cleanest sounding system I have ever owned. I am huge music fan of many genres and this system is so well balanced. This system, by far, is the best upgrade I have done to any vehicle I have ever owned.
    I would recommend this audio system to anyone with a Tacoma. if you want clear clean music and want to keep the stock head unit....this system is for you! Well worth the money!
    Keep up the good work Dan!!!

6. Aug 15, 2017 at 12:30 PM
    TheBlackStallion

TheBlackStallion Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma SR5 Double Cab Long Bed
    I've been eyeing this for a little while now. Are there ever any deals or discounts for this?

7. Aug 18, 2017 at 8:05 AM
    TBL440

TBL440 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDOR
    Probably should have created a new thread, but just wanted to relate my recent experience with OEM Audio Plus - not the system per se, but the customer service. I had a situation (of no fault of OEM Audio Plus) and reached out to Daniel from OEM Audio for assistance. I can't begin to fully express Daniel's level of professionalism in resolving the issue for me (I'm not very patient sometimes). It was truly a remarkable customer experience and can't recommend them highly enough for anyone interested or on the fence about OEM Audio Plus.

DeathsArrow likes this.
To Top